Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) drives to the basket during Texas A&Ms game against Nebraska in the first round of the 2024 NCAA Tournament at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, March 22, 2024. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
How Tyrece Radford can catch the attention of NBA scouts

After 5 years of college basketball at Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, Tyrece Radford is furthering his athletic career with the San Antonio...

U.S. Marine reservist has prior record

John Thuesen, an inactive Marine reservist, accused of capital murder of two Texas A&M University students had previous encounters with the law.
Travis Joiner, class of 2008, and his sister Rachel Joiner, a junior geology major were shot Friday afternoon by Rachel’s boyfriend, Thuesen, she told police before she died.
Arrests and encounters with various law enforcement agencies include alcohol offenses in both Waller and Austin counties along with stalking in Waller County.
Alcohol offenses include a public intoxication charge in Waller County and a driving under the influence in Austin County.
Thuesen’s career with the United States Marine Corps included seven months spent in Iraq from August 2004 to March 2005. During his time in Iraq he was a sergeant radio operator. A representative from the Marines said that he most likely did see combat.
Thuesen waited for police to show up after he called 911 regarding having shot the siblings, according to Lt. Rodney Sigler of the College Station Police Department.
He was arrested after admitting to to the shooting of the siblings.
Travis Joiner died upon arrival at the hospital. Rachel Joiner died after surgery.