Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) drives to the basket during Texas A&Ms game against Nebraska in the first round of the 2024 NCAA Tournament at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, March 22, 2024. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
How Tyrece Radford can catch the attention of NBA scouts

After 5 years of college basketball at Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, Tyrece Radford is furthering his athletic career with the San Antonio...

Win drives women to higher Big 12 rank

The 71-45 victory for the Texas A&M women’s basketball team over No. 20 Kansas State on Sunday has pushed the Aggies to an improved position in the Big 12 standings.
With the win over the Wildcats, No. 12 A&M (22-5, 10-4) has secured third place in the conference and are only one game behind Baylor for second. Kansas State (21-6, 8-6) falls back to fourth place in the Big 12.
Freshman Sydney Carter came off the bench to lead the Aggies with 17 points. The point guard was 7-10 from the field and 3-5 from beyond the arc.
Despite giving up two freethrow attempts, Kansas State could not stop the Aggie offense that shot more than 50 percent in both halves.
The A&M defense continued to force turnovers as Kansas State gave up the ball 23 times Sunday. The Aggies scored 30 points off Wildcats’ turnovers. A&M’s defense leads the Big 12 in steals and turnover margin.
A&M senior Takia Starks shot 7-13 from the field and added 15 points to the effort. Senior Danielle Gant led the Aggies in rebounds with eight.
Next up for the women are the Oklahoma State Cowgirls, who come to College Station on Thursday. The game will be the Aggies’ home finale of the 2008-2009 season and Senior Night for A&M’s graduating players: Starks, Gant, La Toya Micheaux and Kiley Finstad.