Different means, same mission

Take a look around campus: the scene you see today will likely be different this time next year, and the year after that and so on. 
The campus I walked onto a couple years ago is different than the one I’ll leave in May, just like the paper I applied to work for my freshman year during Gig ‘Em Week is different than the one that you’ll see on the stands this year. And that’s really exciting. 
Change is something we’re also excited to be a part of at The Battalion, and that’s taking a few different forms this year. 
This semester The Batt will run four times a week rather than five as we’ve dropped our Friday production. But just because we’ve lost a day doesn’t mean we’ve lost our responsibility to you — our readers. There will be new content every Friday at thebatt.com, though, and we always strive to provide you with the most up-to-date content, regardless of whether or not it’s in the form of a print paper. 
Additionally calling all Aggies interested in video production: The Battalion is introducing a video desk this year. Increasingly in media it’s imperative for journalists to be able to produce content in many varying ways —w presenting stories to its readership in new, creative packages. The video desk will add a new, visual level to the ways we tell the stories of Aggieland. 
There are other changes you’ll notice when you pick up The Batt, see us on Twitter or Snapchat (@TheBattOnline) or any of our social platforms. But there are still lots of things The Batt does well we’ll continue to do this year. Tell the stories of Aggies being honored at Silver Taps. Keep you posted on breaking campus and national news. Be critical of the campus we’re all a part of in order to challenge it to be continuously improving. 
As always, remember we’re a student-run paper. If you have any interest in writing, photography, video production, graphic design or getting involved on campus, come by our office in MSC L400 or write me an email at [email protected]. If you hear about something happening on campus you think Aggies should hear about, let us know. Tell us what you think of our content, or what you’d like to see more — or less — of. 
So while the way we achieve our mission continually changes, the mission itself never does. We’re here to serve you. And maybe learn a little along the way, too. 
Sam King is a communication senior and editor-in-chief for The Battalion.