Head Yell Leader urges students to hiss, not boo

Yell+Leaders
Photo by File
Yell Leaders

Howdy Ags!
I hope everyone is ready to stand as the 12th Man when we play Alabama this Saturday. I wanted to remind everyone that, as Aggies, whenever we disagree with something, especially at a sporting event, we have always expressed our disapproval in a unique way — by hissing and never booing. It has been a way to distinguish ourselves from every other fan base in the country, another tradition that has set us apart.
Let’s not let the tradition of good sportsmanship and Aggie hospitality die. We should always strive to embody our core values.  Booing represents the exact opposite of what our values stand for, so let’s refrain from it. Always remember why Aggies are known as the best fans in all of college football. Let’s continue to be the example that other schools can only hope to achieve.
Thank y’all for always supporting our student athletes and continuing to make Texas A&M the best university on Earth. On behalf of the yell leaders, we look forward to yelling with everyone at Midnight Yell and again Saturday when we beat the hell out of Alabama.

Gig ‘Em and God Bless,

Zachary Lawrence ’16

Head Yell Leader