Join the Battalion

Year-round The Battalion is accepting applications for staff members. Any full-time student at Texas A&M is encouraged to submit an application, and the paper offers an opportunity regardless of experience in journalism.
Unlike at many college newspapers, a position at The Battalion is a paid post. Our desks include city, lifestyles, sports and opinion. Writers, photographers, artists and editors receive up to $50 per task. Training and equipment are readily available, and new media in the form of podcasts and videos are being incorporated into our newspaper. After a semester or two of experience, staff members are encouraged to apply for desk or copy editor positions.
But The Battalion is about more than money; we provide an opportunity for students to learn about the changing newspaper business while publishing work to an audience of thousands. We can never have too many people devoted to covering the news, offering opinions on national or local events, taking photos or designing graphics. Student voice is an essential part of our paper, and the more people we have on staff, the better we can exercise our First Amendment rights.
As our staff is comprised entirely of students, every year positions change. We are dependent on your interest to pass the torch to a new group of underclassmen we can teach to replace our positions after we graduate. However, students of all classifications are encouraged to apply.
No matter your area of interest or level of experience, The Battalion has a place for you. Come by our office at the Grove for more information or visit thebatt.com for an online application.
Apply today and you could gain:
– Experience
– Money
– Friends
– Candy
– Pocket Lint