School stops, news doesn’t

Katy Stapp
Photo by File
Katy Stapp

The spring 2015 The Battalion staff saw the appointment of a new university president, the retirement of Reveille VIII, the introduction of Reveille IX and a tumultuous SGA election season. Aggies have graduated to move on to bigger and better things. But we’re still here.
Summer vacation is for family vacations, internships, taking classes or hiding out watching Netflix for hours on end. For us, it’s for continuing to print the news.
For the next 14 issues, printed on Tuesdays and Thursdays, we will deliver the news to the best of our ability. Our editors, reporters, photographers and page designers will work hard to share the stories of Texas A&M with you.
One of our goals for the summer and for semesters to come is to promote our online presence. Although we only print two days a week during the summer sessions, we intend to provide news on our website, thebatt.com, in between print days. We have added a social media editor position to our staff as well. 
With that being said, help us do our jobs. Bring your stories to us, and we’ll tell them for you. Tell us what you think of our publication. Interact with us on social media. Send us letters telling us what you think about a social issue. But most importantly, read us.
Even in the summertime, we are always looking for hardworking Aggies who want to be a part of the newspaper staff. If you’re a writer, photographer, graphic artist, videographer or page designer, come see us. No experience is necessary, and any major is welcomed. If you’re interested, drop by the newsroom (MSC L400) and pick up an application. 
We are looking forward to telling your stories. For those of you sticking around for the summer, pick up The Battalion, and I promise it won’t disappoint. For those of you incoming freshmen attending your New Student Conferences, welcome to Aggieland.
Katy Stapp is an English senior and Editor in Chief for The Battalion