Texas A&M pitcher Evan Aschenbeck (53) throws a pitch during Texas A&M’s game against Florida at the NCAA Men’s College World Series semifinal at Charles Schwab Field in Omaha, Nebraska on Sunday, June 19, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Aggies defeat Gators 6-0 to advance to first College World Series finals
Kolton Becker, Sports Writer • June 20, 2024

There’s always a first for everything.  For the first time in program history, Texas A&M baseball is headed to the Men’s College...

Staff Picks: Which podcast do you recommend?

Aimee Breaux, managing editor
“This American Life.” Some critics call this podcast an evaluation of upper-middle-class life in America and indeed some episodes are painfully frivolous, but it’s overall a solid gateway podcast. The show started with the premise of providing honest journalism with a human connection and it stays true to this with its solid coverage of topics like 9/11, the financial crisis and the U.S. education system.
Mark Doré, editor-in-chief
Have to cheat here and split my vote between “Stuff You Should Know” and “Slate’s Political Gabfest.” SYSK is fun, snappy and listenable — just two guys explaining everything from the origins of cinnamon to a barebones take on bitcoin. Gabfest is more attuned to the news-and-politics nerd. It features three smart, likeable, bipartisan(ish) journalists bantering on newsy topics. They manage to differ on things without yelling each other down, which is refreshing.
Brandon Wheeland, Sports editor
I enjoy listening to “The Thundering Herd” podcast with Colin Cowherd. It does a great job of capturing all the relevant sports news and condensing it into a short podcast to keep me caught up on the day’s big events.
Jennifer Reiley, assistant managing editor
“Welcome to Nightvale.” It’s a quirky, fictional story about the town of Nightvale. Full of aliens and strange occurrences, it’s a great way to spend a half-hour study break.
Lindsey Gawlik, news editor
My favorite podcast would definitely have to be “TED Radio Hour.” It’s when they turn TED Talks into a podcast format. It often fills the three-hour voids of silence on my frequent drives between here and San Antonio.