Take the hint

Women can be complicated. Relax. I am here to help those lost in the intricate maze of relationships. Many have heard of the book and movie “He’s Just Not That Into You,” by Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo. The general concept gave women around the world a giant reality slap, one many men need even more.
The authors had to be cruel to kind, and it was refreshing to have a neutral third party say he’s just not that into you, move on with your life and, most importantly, “don’t waste the pretty.” Let me provide men with the same perspective (minus a few hundred pages).
Keep in mind, each woman is different and what is one woman’s way of saying “get away from me before I take out a restraining order” could be another’s way of saying, “go pick out a ring.” But with these few simple tips, hopefully you will have the skills to determine if she is just not that into you.
The most obvious clue is if she doesn’t give you her number. The phone number is key for dating and/or starting a relationship, or even ever seeing her again. Having her number and a conversation with her should be the only way you know where she is, what she is doing, who she is doing it with and, most importantly, if she has any interest in spending time with you. If you are thinking, “Hey, I can do all those things on Facebook!” go back to middle school until you learn how to pick up the phone.
“One time, a girl gave me a six-digit phone number. I think that’s when I realized that she just wasn’t that into me,” said Jevon Jemaa, a sophomore english major.
When you ask for a potential date’s number, she will make sure you have said number if she doesn’t find you repulsive. If she’s suddenly Amish when you ask and doesn’t believe in phones, she’s just not that into you. Move on and find someone who is interested in all you have to offer.
Her body language and demeanor can say it all. If she leans away from you, she’s just not that into you (unless you don’t smell good, in which case apply deodorant). If she answers your questions with only one-word answers, she’s just not that into you. If she doesn’t make eye contact and never throws a glance your way, she’s just not that into you. If she can’t remember your name, she’s just not that into you. Even if she is shy, if she is interested, she will make an effort. What if she is playing hard to get? Let me clue you into a big secret: playing hard to get means she’s just not that into you.
Suppose she needs to focus on her job or classes or restore a 1968 Mustang and needs to commit her time to that (a.k.a. she doesn’t have time for a relationship). These are called excuses. Many people who make excuses just don’t want to hurt your feelings, but being nice can be misleading. Guys are likely to think she doesn’t want a relationship because of the above reasons, but she has no interest in you.
“Girls will just make up excuses as to why they can’t hang out, but guys never get the hint,” said Ashley Brouillard, a junior finance major.
If she can’t see what a great guy you are, find someone who can appreciate you.
This may seem blunt, but don’t waste your time or feelings on someone who’s never going to be into you. Unlike in the movies, in real life romantic gestures that are too forward are more likely earn you a restraining order than win someone’s heart. Don’t lead yourself on chasing a woman you don’t have a romantic future with. Apply these thoughts with your common sense and in the words of Greg Behrendt: “Don’t waste the pretty!”