Former members of the Aggie Corps march in the corps final walk in during Texas A&Ms game against South Carolina on Saturday, Oct. 28, 2023 at Kyle Field (Katelynn Ivy/The Battalion).
Corps of Cadets march-in to commemorate Texas football rivalry
The Corps march will be the first in years to occur Thanksgiving week
Texas A&M assistant coach Michael Earley during Texas A&M’s game against Mississippi State on Saturday, March 23, 2024, at Olsen Field. (Chris Swann/ The Battalion)
Michael Earley returns to A&M baseball as head coach
Luke White, Sports Editor • June 30, 2024

A familiar face is taking the reins of the Texas A&M baseball program. Michael Earley is expected to be named the next head coach of A&M...

TAMU Maroon poses with the trophy after winning the College Valorant Championship on Sunday, June 9th.
Texas A&M Esports club shines as student-run sports club
J. M. Wise, News Reporter • June 26, 2024

Texas A&M has another championship-winning sports team. Completely student-run and with over 2,900 members in their Discord server, they...

Texas A&M Head Coach Jim Schlossnagle reacts to a call during Texas A&M’s game against Georgia at Olsen Field on Saturday, April 27, 2024. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Satire: Meet Mr. Schlossnagle
Chendrick LamarJune 26, 2024

Dear Texas University, I’m sorry that man is your coach, let me be honest It takes a man to be a man, unfortunately, he’s a con artist I...

Aggie men’s tennis aim to advance to round of eight with Buckeyes in their way

The Aggie men’s tennis team has a chance to tie history today.

The sixth seeded Texas A&M men’s tennis team will face off against the 11th-seeded Ohio State Buckeyes in the Round of 16 today at the SMU indoor courts at 4:30. With a win today, the Aggies will get their second round of eight birth in program history.

A&M (23-4) secured their spot in the Round of 16 with a 4-2 victory over Oklahoma State last Saturday at the Mitchell Tennis Center in College Station. After a rocky start, dropping the doubles point for just the fifth time this season, the Aggies rebounded by winning four consecutive singles matches to advance. Head Coach Steve Denton spoke about the resiliency his club showed in fighting back to advance to the Round of 16.

“I am really proud of this team and what they have been able to accomplish already this season,” Denton said. “After doubles and the first sets were out of the way it turned into a real dogfight for the rest of the match. The match went back and forth all day, looked like we had it, then they looked like they had it. That’s how college tennis is and that is what makes team tennis so much fun to come out and watch.”

The SEC tournament champions are led by 47th-ranked player in the country Jeremy Efferding and 92nd-ranked AJ Cantanzariti. Efferding, a senior, leads the club in career victories with 95 and Cantanzariti, a freshman, has been in the middle of an impressive freshman campaign. He was elected to the All-SEC second team and All-freshman team and is second in the club with six victories over ranked opponents this season.

The Buckeyes (27-8) are making their 10th consecutive Round of 16 appearance and are coming into the contest hot, winners of 11 of their last 12 matches. Ohio State has two ranked doubles pairs of No. 7 Kevin Metka and Ralf Steinbach and No. 88 Chris Diaz and Hunter Callahan. The Buckeyes have not lost a point so far in the tournament, sweeping No. 23 Vanderbilt and Buffalo in the first two rounds of the NCAA tournament.
The matches are subject to change due to weather.