Aggies to play in Music City Bowl Dec. 30

Photo by File
Bowl Game Announcement

Although there were rumors of the Aggies renewing their longstanding rivalry with Texas Tech this bowl season, A&M will instead take on Louisville in the Music City Bowl on Dec. 30 in Nashville.

This will be the Aggies’ (8-4) first appearance in the Music City Bowl. The game will be played at Nissan Stadium, home of the Tennessee Titans. Head coach Kevin Sumlin will be looking for his fourth straight bowl game victory at A&M, while Louisville (7-5) head coach Bobby Petrino will attempt to rebound from last year’s 37-14 loss to Georgia in the Belk Bowl.
The Cardinals had a tough 0-3 start to begin the regular season, dropping games  to Auburn, Houston and Clemson by a combined 13 points. Behind the abilities of freshman dual-threat quarterback Lamar Jackson, who leads the Cardinals in both rushing and passing, Louisville turned things around by winning six of their last seven games to finish off the regular season.
The Aggies stumbled to an 8-4 finish after starting 5-0 for the second consecutive season. After a tough 19-7 loss in Death Valley to LSU, the Aggies will be back on the field to try to garner another nine-win season for the second time in three years.