Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) drives to the basket during Texas A&Ms game against Nebraska in the first round of the 2024 NCAA Tournament at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, March 22, 2024. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
How Tyrece Radford can catch the attention of NBA scouts

After 5 years of college basketball at Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, Tyrece Radford is furthering his athletic career with the San Antonio...

Aggies topple Razorbacks on Senior Day

Photo by Photo by Abbey Santoro

Senior Dorthea Faa-Hviding won her singles match against South Carolina 7-5, 6-4. 

Texas A&M celebrated seniors Riley McQuaid and Dorthea Faa-Hviding on Saturday afternoon after the No. 20 Aggies took care of business, taking down the Arkansas Razorbacks 4-1.
After closing out another victory at the George P. Mitchell Tennis Center, the Aggies improve to 15-5 on the year with a 7-3 record in conference play. Arkansas falls to 10-9 on the season with a disappointing 4-9 record in conference play. The Aggies stayed hot this past week, advancing to 2-0 in conference play, and continue to be dominant in doubles play.
A&M fell behind 6-3 in the first match of doubles play thanks to Arkansas duo Morgan Cross and Tatum Rice. Faa-Hviding and junior Renee McBryde took down the Razorbacks 6-3 to even up the game. The doubles point came down to the wire and McQuaid paired with Katya Townsend to take home a strong 6-4 win over Laura Rijkers and Kelly Keller to put A&M ahead.
Arkansas tied up the match at 1, but after that it was all A&M. McQuaid won 7-5, 6-4 followed up by Faa-Hviding 6-2, 3-6, 6-1 over Cross to put the Aggies up 3-1. It all came down to McBryde who continued her hot streak at closing out matches. She secured the Aggies’ victory with a comeback victory 6-7(11), 6-0, 6-0 over Rijikers.
Senior Day recognition followed the match. Faa-Hviding finished with a 70-33 overall singles record, placing her second on the team. McQuaid compiled a team-leading 78-33 collegiate career.
“Both of these girls had amazing careers at Texas A&M, and they’ve done it with integrity every step of the way,” A&M coach Mark Weaver told 12thman.com.
The Aggies are awaiting SEC confirmation of makeup games needed due to COVID-19 outbreaks. Matches would be made up next week at the George P. Mitchell Tennis Center.