Texas A&M catcher Jackson Appel (20) makes contact with a ball for a double during Texas A&M’s game against Tennessee at the NCAA Men’s College World Series finals at Charles Schwab Field in Omaha, Nebraska on Saturday, June 22, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Jones, Appel selected in sixth round of 2024 MLB Draft by Royals, White Sox

Junior RHP Tanner Jones and senior C Jackson Appel are heading to the big leagues after both were taken in the sixth round of the 2024 MLB Draft...

A&M heads to Rupp Arena in tough SEC test

Cody Franklin  — THE BATTALION

Forward Courtney Williams, second on the team with 14.1 points per game, shoots a floater in the lane in a 70-49 home win Monday over Alabama.

No. 15 A&M will be on the road Thursday night to take on No. 11 Kentucky in Rupp Arena in a game that has SEC and NCAA Tournament seeding implications.
Going to Rupp Arena is no easy challenge. The Wildcats are 12-1 at home this year, with the lone loss coming to Illinois on Nov. 27.
The game will feature the two best scorers in the SEC. Kentucky is led by Makayla Epps who is averaging 15.1 points per game, second-best in the conference.
Epps is also third in the SEC in field goal percentage, shooting 45 percent from the floor. Kentucky also has Azia Bishop, who ranks fourth in the conference in blocks per game with 1.6 per outing.
As a team, the Wildcats are second in the conference in scoring. They average 76.9 points per game, and also average about 10 steals per game, which is sixth in the league.
A&M has SEC leading scorer Courtney Walker, who averages 15.3 points per game. Walker is also the fourth best shooter in the league, shooting 42 percent from the floor. Paired with her is Courtney Williams, who averages 14.1 points per game and shoots 39 percent, fifth best in the conference.
The Aggies also have the SEC leader in assists per game in Jordan Jones (6.7). Jones averages 6.7 assists per game. Achiri Ade is sure to be busy all night in the paint. She ranks sixth in the league in rebounds per game, pulling down 8.1 boards per contest.
The game is scheduled for tip-off at 7 p.m. from Lexington, Kentucky. The game will air on SEC Network Plus.