Texas A&Ms attendance for the Alabama game was at 108,101 fans ranking it at the third largest game in Kyle Field history.(Ishika Samant/The Battalion)
‘The Mexican 12th Man’

Growing up in the hills of Monterrey, Mexico, Pedro and Carlos Luna were surrounded by soccer.  Clad in the gold and blue of Tigres UANL,...

Arnaus and Yates to represent Aggies in NCAA Regionals

The Texas A&M men’s golf team did not qualify to compete in postseason play at the NCAA Regionals this year.

However, the NCAA Selection Committee did select A&M’s No. 80 Adrià Arnaus and No. 99 Greg Yates to compete as individuals in the Lubbock Regional hosted by Texas Tech University, which spans from May 14-16.

The NCAA Regionals this year will feature six tournaments around the country with host sites in Noblesville, Indiana; Chapel Hill, North Carolina; Rancho Santa Fe, California; Bremerton, Washington; New Haven, Connecticut; and Lubbock, Texas. 

At each regional, after 54 holes of play the top five teams and the top individual will advance to the NCAA Championships at the Concession Club in Bradenton, Florida, which is held from May 29 through June 3. 

In the Lubbock Regional, Arnaus and Yates will be joined by the likes of No. 68 Tomasz Anderson from Jacksonville State, No. 110 David Snyder from the University of Kentucky and No. 111 Victor Lange from Louisiana Tech.

Further, the 13-team field features No. 3 University of Texas, No. 7 Auburn and No. 11 Texas Tech, among others.

The Lubbock Regional will be played on Texas Tech’s home course, the Rawls Course, a 7,207 yard, par-72 track.

Arnaus and Yates led the Aggies in the 2014-15 regular season campaign, with both players boasting team-best scoring averages of 72.11 and 72.41, respectively, and each recorded two top-five finishes.