Texas A&M pitcher Evan Aschenbeck (53) throws a pitch during Texas A&M’s game against Florida at the NCAA Men’s College World Series semifinal at Charles Schwab Field in Omaha, Nebraska on Sunday, June 19, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Aggies defeat Gators 6-0 to advance to first College World Series finals
Kolton Becker, Sports Writer • June 20, 2024

There’s always a first for everything.  For the first time in program history, Texas A&M baseball is headed to the Men’s College...

Cross Country Aggie Opener

Photo by By Meredith Seaver

Sophomores Ashley Driscoll and Ashton Hutcherson are followed closely by senior Kelsey Persyn.

The Texas A&M Men’s and Women’s Cross Country Teams emerged victorious in the Aggie Opener on Friday. Both claimed team titles in the first meet of the season at the Dale Watts Cross Country Course. 
Photos by Meredith Seaver

• Juniors Hannah Campbell and Kaitlin Tanner and freshman Maddie Vondra run as a group in the first half of the race.

Photo by By Meredith Seaver
  • Freshman Morgan Michaels strides ahead of runners from Texas University and University of the Incarnate Word.

Photo by By Meredith Seaver
  • Freshman Michelle Myers leads a group of University of the Incarnate Word runners.

Photo by By Meredith Seaver
  • Sophomore Ashley Driscoll will compete in her second SEC Championships meet this weekend.

Photo by By Meredith Seaver
  • Sophomore Olivia Arriaza sprints past a runner from Stephen F. Austin University.

Photo by By Meredith Seaver
  • Sophomore Ashton Hutcherson, senior Kelsey Persyn, and sophomore Ashley Driscoll celebrate after finishing their first meet of the season.

Photo by By Meredith Seaver
  • Just after the starting pistol, the pack of men’s cross country runners is led by Longhorns.

Photo by By Meredith Seaver
  • Texas A&M Track and Field athletes not participating in the meet are stationed around Watts Cross Country Course to ensure runners stay on track.

Photo by By Meredith Seaver
  • After the first turn, separation is now visible amongst the runners.

Photo by By Meredith Seaver
  • Nearing the end of the first lap, the lead pack of runners includes Aggies, Longhorns, and Vaqueros.

Photo by By Meredith Seaver
  • Senior Alex Riba earned a first place finish in the Aggie Opener.

Photo by By Meredith Seaver
  • A cross country runner is caught by two Aggie athletes after finishing the race and almost collapsing.

Photo by By Meredith Seaver
  • After finishing the race, an Aggie receives assistance from his teammates.

Photo by By Meredith Seaver