Joffe leaves Aggieland for Austin

Photo by Glen Johnson- Texas A&M Athletics

Howard Joffe served as the head coach of the Texas A&M women’s tennis team from 2011-2015. 

Howard Joffe, former A&M women’s tennis head coach, accepted a job in Austin Tuesday and will assume his duties as the Longhorn’s head coach July 9. 

Joffe was hired on as the lead man in College Station in July 2011 and put together quite a track record in his short time with the women’s tennis program. In just four seasons with the Aggies, Joffe compiled an 83-23 overall record, going 10-4 in the NCAA tournament. The highlight season for Joffe in Aggieland came in 2013 when he led the women’s program to the NCAA Tournament finals. 

The former head coach issued a statement in the form of a letter addressed to “The entire Texas A&M Family.” 

He gave thanks to a number of individuals and stressed his appreciation for his staff as well as his many players over the years. He was sure not to forget the 12th man in his farewell letter. 

“To all of the 12th Man. The passion and the class with which you all support our students is an example to all communities throughout our country,” Joffe said. “The 12th Man is strength and teamwork personified.”