Men’s tennis sweeps Arkansas on the road

Jordi+Arconada
Photo by Photo by Ana Casas

Jordi Arconada

After sweeping Ole Miss with a 7-0 victory in Oxford, Mississippi Friday evening, No. 7 Texas A&M continued their winning momentum on the road in Fayetteville on Sunday, against No. 27 Arkansas.
Against the Razorbacks, the Aggies racked up six singles victories along with the doubles point, allowing them to claim their sixth straight doubles point.
The doubles gave the Aggies lead-way after A&M senior, Arthur Rinderknech and freshman Patrick Kypson wrapped up the match with a 6-3 win on court one followed by another 6-3 victory on court three by sophomore Valentin Vacherot and senior AJ Catanzariti.
Rinderknech is ranked No. 21 in the Southeastern Conference and was also named SEC player of the week for second time this season after last week’s match.
Heading into the singles the Aggies winning flow continued claiming 5, first sets with a 6-3 win from Kypson, 6-1 win from senior Jordi Arconada, 6-1 win from freshman Juan Aguilar, 6-4 victory from Rinderknech and a final 6-4 victory from freshman Barnaby Smith. Although a freshman, Smith’s name is not new to the spotlight whose win on court six gave the Aggies a score of 4-0.
Wrapping up the match, Vacherot swept away Arkansas’ Oscar Mesquida giving the Aggies a final score of 7-0, dominating the Razorbacks.
The Aggies will stay on the road this next week heading to Athens, Georgia to take on the No. 17 Bulldogs Sunday at 12 p.m.