NCAA Soccer Playoffs: Texas A&M vs Notre Dame

The 6th ranked Aggies took on the 14th ranked Fighten’ Irish in attempt to advance in the College Cup Championship Bracket

The Aggie Soccer season came to a close Friday evening in the second round of the NCAA Championship tournament. The match against the Fightin’ Irish went through regulation, both over times, and ended with penalty kicks. The teams were tied 2-2 going into overtime and the Notre Dame soccer team emerged victorious in the penalty kick shootout 4-1.
Photos by Meredith Seaver

• Former Head Yell Leader Chris Wilder stepped in to lead yells for the match.

• Junior goalkeeper Cosette Morche finished the evening with 8 saves and 2 goals allowed.

• Midfielders Stephanie Malherbe and Grace Piper, senior and sophomore respectively, fend off two Notre Dame soccer players to gain possession of the ball.

• Sophomore defender Briana Alston goes for a header to keep the Fightin’ Irish from scoring.

• The Aggie Soccer team celebrates after scoring the first goal of the game.

• Sophomore forward Cienna Arrieta had two shots during the game.

• Junior defender Kendall Ritchie kicks the ball to the other half of the field to keep the Fightin’ Irish from scoring.

• Sophomore forward Ally Watt made 5 shots and 1 shot on goal during the mathc against Notre Dame.

• Both teams were being aggressive in their attacks.

• Senior midfielder Mikaela Harvey fends off a Notre Dame player in an effort to score.

• Sophomore midfielder Grace Piper heads the ball towards the goal during their second round playoff game against Notre Dame on Nov. 18. 

• The stands at Ellis Field were filled for the home playoff game.

• Sophomore forward Ally Watt encroaches on the Fightin’ Irish defense.

• Senior midfielder Mikaela Harvey scored one of the Aggies’ two goals of the evening.

• Junior defender Kendall Ritchie assists in defending the Aggie goal box.

• The Notre Dame goalkeeper often left the goal box to take the free kicks given to them.

• Junior goalkeeper Cosette Morche makes one last effort to defend the Aggie goal from the last Fightin’ Irish penalty kick to end the game.

• Sophomore midfielder Grace Piper comforts senior midfielder Mikaela Harvey after her career and season ending loss to Notre Dame.