Dr. Weston Porter (top left) and researchers from the breast cancer lab. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Weston Porter)
New A&M research initiative provides cutting-edge cancer treatments
J.M. Wise, News Reporter • April 8, 2024

It has been 20 months since Michelle Pozzi, Ph.D, of Texas A&M’s Biochemistry and Biophysics department was diagnosed with cancer. However,...

Light Middleweight boxers Francis Cristal and Frank Chiu throw crosses during Farmers Fight Night on Thursday, April 4th, 2024, at Reed Arena.
‘One day there’s going to be a ring in the middle of Kyle Field’
Zoe May, Editor in Chief • April 11, 2024

“Throw the 1, follow with the 2!” “Keep your hands up!” “Tie him up!” It was the sixth fight of the night. The crowd was either...

Students, residents commemorates Eid Al-Fitr
Lasan Ukwatta Liyanage, Life & Arts Writer • April 11, 2024

This year's Eid Al-Fitr celebration, hosted by Texas A&M’s Muslim Student Association, or MSA, drew over 1,500 attendees on Wednesday,...

Student housing located right outside off campus boundaries on George Bush Drive. 
Guest Commentary: An open letter to City Hall
Ben Crockett, Guest Contributor • April 11, 2024

City Council, As representatives of the Texas Aggie Classes of 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027, we write to you today to urge a reconsideration...

No. 10 Aggies dominate Tigers

A&M men’s tennis defeats LSU 5-2
Photo by Connor May
Sophomore Togan Tokac hits the ball at Texas A&M’s match against Pepperdine on Sunday, Feb. 25, 2024, at the Mitchell Tennis Center. (© Connor May/The Battalion)

The No. 10 Texas A&M men’s tennis team visited the LSU Tigers on Sunday, March 31 at the LSU Tennis Complex.

Starting off doubles play on Court 2, the Aggies’ duo of freshman Tiago Pires and graduate Kenny Taylor was defeated by the Tigers’ senior Chen Dong and junior Julien Penzlin, 6-3.

Striking back on Court 3, the Aggies’ duo of junior JC Roddick and freshman Lathan Skrobarcek took down the Tigers’ senior Welsh Hotard and freshman Aleksi Lofman in a nail biting set, 7-6 (10-8).

Capturing the first point of the day for the Maroon and White on Court 1, the No. 28 duo of junior Giulio Perego and sophomore Togan Tokac took care of business against the Tigers’ duo of fifth year Stefan Latinovic and 5th year George Stoupe in a tough set, 7-6 (7-3).

Moving onto singles play on Court 6, the Aggies’ junior Luke Casper took down the Tigers’ Penzlin in a quick two-set match, 6-1, 6-2.

Continuing on Court 2, Roddick continued the Aggies’ dominance and took care of business against Lofman in a grueling match, 7-5, 6-4.

Capturing the fourth point of the day for the Maroon and White, the Aggies’ senior Raphael Perot took down Latinovic on Court 1 in a tough three-set match, 3-6, 6-4, 6-1.

Finishing out the match on Court 4, the Maroon and White notched their final victory of the day as Perego defeated the Tigers’ Alessio Vasquez in a competitive match, 6-4, 4-6, 6-3.

On Court 3, Stoupe claimed the first singles point for the Tigers, taking down Tokac in a tough three-set match, 2-6, 6-3, 6-3.

Finally, on Court 5, the Tigers’ freshman Rudy Ceccon took down Pires in a hard-fought three-set match, 6-7 (5-7), 6-4, 6-4.

All in all, the Maroon and White established their dominance and showcased why they are the No. 10 team in the nation. The Maroon and White improved their record to 4-2 in away matches and 18-5 overall. The Aggies look to lift their record as they take on the Oklahoma Sooners on Tuesday, April 2.