Texas A&M players watch fireworks after Texas A&M’s game against Ole Miss on Friday, April 19, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
The sun will come out
The sun will come out
Incoming journalism professors Mariano Castillo and Flora Charner sit with former student and Battalion staff member Ken Sury at the FJSA Hall of Fame reception ceremony held in the J. Wayne Stark Galleries in the Memorial Student Center on Friday, April 19, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
A&M welcomes new journalism professors from CNN, Dallas Morning News
Ana Renfroe and Stacy CoxApril 19, 2024

At a ceremony honoring Aggie journalists, Texas A&M announced it will welcome three new journalism professors in the fall. New hires will...

LSU QB Jayden Daniels (5) runs with the ball during A&Ms game against LSU at Kyle Field on Saturday, Nov. 26, 2022. (Cameron Johnson/The Battalion)
2024 NFL Draft: Ranking every first-round graded quarterback
Mathias Cubillan, Sports Writer • April 21, 2024

As the 2024 NFL Draft in Detroit is closing in, a microscope gets placed on the prospects who play the sport’s most valuable position. Featuring...

The sun will come out
Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

Texas A&M professor Dr. Christina Belanger teaches her Geology 314 class on Wednesday, April 3, 2024, in the Halbouty Geosciences Building. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Opinion: Stop beating the dead [virtual] horse
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 22, 2024

Snow days were my favorite days of grade school. I would wake up extra early to stand in my living room to peer through the glass toward the...

No. 10 Aggies dominate Tigers

A&M men’s tennis defeats LSU 5-2
Photo by Connor May
Sophomore Togan Tokac hits the ball at Texas A&M’s match against Pepperdine on Sunday, Feb. 25, 2024, at the Mitchell Tennis Center. (© Connor May/The Battalion)

The No. 10 Texas A&M men’s tennis team visited the LSU Tigers on Sunday, March 31 at the LSU Tennis Complex.

Starting off doubles play on Court 2, the Aggies’ duo of freshman Tiago Pires and graduate Kenny Taylor was defeated by the Tigers’ senior Chen Dong and junior Julien Penzlin, 6-3.

Striking back on Court 3, the Aggies’ duo of junior JC Roddick and freshman Lathan Skrobarcek took down the Tigers’ senior Welsh Hotard and freshman Aleksi Lofman in a nail biting set, 7-6 (10-8).

Capturing the first point of the day for the Maroon and White on Court 1, the No. 28 duo of junior Giulio Perego and sophomore Togan Tokac took care of business against the Tigers’ duo of fifth year Stefan Latinovic and 5th year George Stoupe in a tough set, 7-6 (7-3).

Moving onto singles play on Court 6, the Aggies’ junior Luke Casper took down the Tigers’ Penzlin in a quick two-set match, 6-1, 6-2.

Continuing on Court 2, Roddick continued the Aggies’ dominance and took care of business against Lofman in a grueling match, 7-5, 6-4.

Capturing the fourth point of the day for the Maroon and White, the Aggies’ senior Raphael Perot took down Latinovic on Court 1 in a tough three-set match, 3-6, 6-4, 6-1.

Finishing out the match on Court 4, the Maroon and White notched their final victory of the day as Perego defeated the Tigers’ Alessio Vasquez in a competitive match, 6-4, 4-6, 6-3.

On Court 3, Stoupe claimed the first singles point for the Tigers, taking down Tokac in a tough three-set match, 2-6, 6-3, 6-3.

Finally, on Court 5, the Tigers’ freshman Rudy Ceccon took down Pires in a hard-fought three-set match, 6-7 (5-7), 6-4, 6-4.

All in all, the Maroon and White established their dominance and showcased why they are the No. 10 team in the nation. The Maroon and White improved their record to 4-2 in away matches and 18-5 overall. The Aggies look to lift their record as they take on the Oklahoma Sooners on Tuesday, April 2.