Texas A&Ms attendance for the Alabama game was at 108,101 fans ranking it at the third largest game in Kyle Field history.(Ishika Samant/The Battalion)
‘The Mexican 12th Man’

Growing up in the hills of Monterrey, Mexico, Pedro and Carlos Luna were surrounded by soccer.  Clad in the gold and blue of Tigres UANL,...

No. 2 A&M readies for UT-Arlington

After a 3-0 series sweep against Oklahoma this weekend at Olsen Field at Blue Bell Park, the No. 2 Texas A&M baseball team improved to 26-6 on the season, holding the second-best conference record in the Big 12, 7-2, as they prepare for a non-conference matchup against UT-Arlington Tuesday to close out a nine-game homestand.
Sunday afternoon, dressed in camouflage jerseys to symbolize the search for a series sweep over the Sooners, the Top-5 Aggie baseball team won with a 53 victory. At Olsen Field, a crowd of 4,549 fans watched the televised victory
I always tell our guys its not how you start, its how you finish, said Texas A&M head coach Rob Childress. Obviously, in todays game that was definitely the case. We were able to get it back together. Pineda was able to get us into the sixth and those guys that came in from the bullpen did a phenomenal job.
Sophomore Rafael Pineda picked up his fifth win of the season, as the 6-foot-6 righty gave up two earned runs on five hits in 5.1 innings of work en-route to victory.
Senior first baseman Jacob House and junior All-American Tyler Naquin both had two hits apiece Saturday afternoon to lead the Aggies.
Its always fun to come out wearing the camo and trying to get the sweep, House said. The big thing with baseball is momentum. We were able to keep them from getting too much momentum by answering every time they scored.
The Aggies welcome the UT-Arlington Mavericks, 20-12, Tuesday as they try to extend their winning streak to six before resuming conference play this weekend at Kansas.
The Mavericks snapped a seven-game winning streakthat started March 27 against TCU, 43, in 10 inningsSaturday with an 84 loss to Nicholls State. The Mavericks also beat Texas earlier this season in a 75 contest.
Last season when the Aggies and Mavericks met on the diamond, it took 10 innings for the maroon and white to put the Mavericks away, 74. The season before last in College Station, the Aggies won 117.
Freshman right-hander Gandy Stubblefield is projected to get the start against the Mavericks. This will be Stubblefields third start of the season.