Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) drives to the basket during Texas A&Ms game against Nebraska in the first round of the 2024 NCAA Tournament at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, March 22, 2024. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
How Tyrece Radford can catch the attention of NBA scouts

After 5 years of college basketball at Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, Tyrece Radford is furthering his athletic career with the San Antonio...

Sherman to speak at commencement

President Loftin announced Texas A&M head football coach Mike Sherman as the summer commencement convocation speaker.
“Coach Sherman is an extraordinary individual in addition to being an exceptional coach and leader of young men, and he has thoroughly embraced the Aggie Spirit and all the traditions that we hold dear,” Loftin said. “He will undoubtedly bring a message that will be inspiring and well received by our degree candidates, their families and others attending commencement convocation.”
Sherman has been head coach since 2008, but his ties with the University reach back to 1988. He came in as assistant coach for the offensive line until 1993 and worked with the ULCA offensive staff before returning to A&M in 1995. He was promoted to offensive coordinator the following year.
Under Sherman’s coaching, the Aggies averaged over 400 yards of total offense four times out of his seven seasons at A&M, setting a school record 471.1 yards per game in 1990. He facilitated the Aggies to three Southwest conference championships successively from 1991-1993.
After leaving A&M, Sherman coached for six years with the Green Bay Packers serving as head coach and then general manager. He served as assistant head coach and offensive coordinator of the Houston Texans for one season before being named head coach of the Aggies in November 2007.
Sherman has been with part of eight A&M bowl games, most recently leading the Aggies to the AT&T Cotton Bowl Classic. The 2011 season matched the team’s record from 2006 while earning victories against conference rivals the University of Texas, Nebraska and Oklahoma in route to a share of the Big 12 south title.