SLIDESHOW – College Station Super Regional Game 2

Photo by By Alex Miller

Corbin Martin and Baine Schoenvogel race out of the dugout to celebrate with Kaylor Chafin after defeating Davidson to advance to the College World Series June 10.

• Mitchell Kilkenny dunks A&M head coach Rob Childress and Joel Davis with a bucket of Powerade in celebration.

• The A&M baseball team celebrates together on the mound after defeating Davidson to advance to the 2017 College World Series.

• Braden Shewmake points to the crowd after the game.

• Davidson starting pitcher Evan Roberts threw 7.1 innings for the Wildcats

• A&M starting pitcher Corbin Martin threw 4.2 innings, striking out seven batters.

• George Janca rounds first base after blasting a solo-home run to left field in the second inning.

• Braden Shewmake greets Logan Foster at home plate after Foster’s solo-home run to left field in the second inning.

• Davidson’s Evan Roberts regroups after allowing a home run to Logan Foster. It was the second home run Roberts gave up in the inning, which led the Raggies to chant, “Evan likes bubbles!”

• Blake Kopetsky was unable to make a diving catch in right field in the third inning, allowing Davidson to tie the game at two.

• Davidson’s Will Robertson slides into home in the third inning, scoring the Wildcats’ first run of the game.

• Walker Pennington just missed Cam Johnson’s off the top of the left field fence in the fifth inning.

• Braden Shewmake was hit in the back by a pitch to lead off the bottom of the sixth inning.

• Davidson’s Evan Roberts barely beats Walker Pennington to the bag at first in the seventh inning.

• Davidson’s Alec Acosta dropped an infield fly after colliding with Eric Jones in the eighth inning. The drop proved pivotal, because A&M was able to score two runs off the miscue, which came with two outs.

• Hunter Coleman crosses home in the eighth inning, cutting Davidson’s lead to 6-4

• Kaylor Chafin announced he will return to A&M for his senior season Thursday.

• Home plate umpire Pat Riley rings up Davidson’s Max Bazin looking to end the eighth inning.

• Walker Pennington is greeted by the entire A&M dugout after launching a three-run homer in the ninth against Davidson.

• Davidson’s Will Robertson receives a hug from one of his teammates following his final collegiate at-bat in the ninth inning.

• George Janca makes the final out to first, sending the Aggies to the College World Series.

• The Raggies in Section 203 celebrate A&M’s first berth to Omaha since 2011.

• Blake Kopetsky talks with an ESPN crew on-air following the game.