Texas A&M Softball vs. Auburn

The Davis Diamond is set to be completed later in 2018 and its construction will look similar to that of Blue Bell Park.

The Texas A&M Softball Team opened their new stadium with a win against the Auburn Tigers. The inaugural game of the Davis Diamond was a 3-1 victory for the Aggies.
Photos by Meredith Seaver

• Senior outfielder Erica Russell leads a team yell practice on the third base line before the start of the game.

• It was a beautiful day for softball with a slight breeze out of the park.

• While the outside was visibly still a work in progress it did not take away from the softball game.

• Senior first baseman Tori Vidales and senior shortstop Kristen Cuyos had a combined 12 putouts and 10 assists.

Photo by Photo by Meredith Seaveer
  • Junior third baseman Riley Sartain had one run and one RBI in her two at-bats.

• Junior third baseman Riley Sartain slides into home plate as the Aggies score against the Auburn Tigers.

• After the Aggies go up 3-0, freshman infielder Gabby Moreno dawns a WWE Championship belt in celebration.

• Senior pitcher Trinity Harrington pitched to 28 different batters and had two strikeouts tonight.

• The Aggie Softball Team has a “Rally Family” that they bring to every game. Every now and then players will put each member on their hats so teammates on the field can see them.

• The Rally Family is Cedric Zippy Darnell, Jr., Gilbert Cruiser Darnell and Tiffany Gabby Darnell.

• Auburn scored one run in the top of the sixth-inning but was unable to overtake the Aggies.

• After a call is reversed Texas A&M Head Coach Jo Evans approaches the umpire to discuss the decision.

• Junior second baseman Kaitlyn Alderink finished the night with one hit and one run in her three at-bats.

• Senior pitcher Trinity Harrington pitched all seven innings for a total of 109 pitches. 

• Junior third baseman Riley Sartain shuffles in an effort to to reach the ball.

• Texas A&M Head Coach Jo Evans talks to her team about the game and their plan of action for Game 2.

• The Aggie Softball Team celebrates their first of what they hope to be many victories at the Davis Diamond.