Texas A&M vs. Florida Game 1

Junior second baseman Michael Helman is walked to first base after being hit by a pitch.

• Junior second baseman Michael Helman is called safe after sliding back to first base.

• Junior right fielder Chandler Morris had two of the six Aggie hits of the night.

• Junior pitcher Mitchell Kilkenny pitched through the middle of the fifth-inning with a 2.32 era and 110 pitches.

• The Aggies had six hits in comparison to the Gators’ 15 hits.

• Florida pitcher Brady Singer pitched all nine innings for the Gators and ended the night with a 2.33 era.

• Freshman first baseman Will Frizzell had seven putouts and one assist against Florida.

• Junior infielder Allonte Wingate looks on as his teammate steps up to the plate.

• Senior pitcher Cason Sherrod ended his his evening with a putout and an assist.

• Head Coach Rob Childress sent five different pitchers to the mound.

• Freshman Chandler Jozwiak pitched for the Aggies in the bottom of the eighth-inning.

• The Gator defense was able to keep the Aggies from scoring in Game 1.

• Florida third baseman JJ Schwartz had the team high four RBI and four hits.

• Freshman first baseman Will Frizzell falls to the ground in order to catch a ball and put out a Gator baserunner.

• In the nine innings he pitched for Florida Brady Singer only threw 111 pitches.

• During a pitching change the next three in the Florida lineup step out of the dugout to practice swing.

• Rain started falling before the ninth-inning but nothing would keep the 12th Man from singing the War Hymn for the Aggies.