Texas A&M vs. Penn State

Photo by By Meredith Seaver

Junior middle blocker Kaitlyn Blake and freshman setter Camille Conner jump in attempt to block.

The Texas A&M Aggies and the Penn State Nittany Lions (No. 6) faced off in a well fought battle Saturday evening. The Aggies won the first and fourth sets sending the match to a fifth set where the Nittany Lions emerged victorious. (26-24, 19-25, 23-25, 26-24, 12-15) Next weekend the Aggies are off to Madison, Wisconsin for the Hotelred Invitational.

• Junior defensive specialist Amy Houser takes a deep breath before serving the ball.

Photo by By Meredith Seaver
  • Freshman middle Makena Patterson goes up for the attack. She played for the Aggies in three of the five sets.

Photo by By Meredith Seaver
  • Junior middle Kaitlyn Blake gets the kill after Penn State misses the block.

Photo by By Meredith Seaver
  • Freshman Samantha Sanders serves the ball to the Nittany Lions. She finished the night with one of seven aces for the Aggies.

Photo by By Meredith Seaver
  • Freshman setter Camille Conner jumps to back set the ball to the right side hitter. 

Photo by By Meredith Seaver
  • Junior middle blocker Kaitlyn Blake and freshman setter Camille Conner successfully block a hit from Penn State.

Photo by By Meredith Seaver
  • Senior outside hitter Kiara McGee and junior middle blocker Kaitlyn Blake were each named to the all-tournament team this weekend. 

Photo by By Meredith Seaver
  • Senior defensive specialist Gabby Litwin calls the ball and prepares to pass it, ending the evening with 12 digs.

Photo by By Meredith Seaver
  • After scoring another point, the Aggies celebrate recovering enough points to tie the set.

Photo by By Meredith Seaver
  • Former Head Yell Leader Chris Wilder leads the crowd while this year’s current Yell Leaders are in California for the season opening football game against UCLA.

Photo by By Meredith Seaver
  • Senior libero Amy Nettles lunges in order pass the ball and keep the Aggies alive in the fourth set of the game.

Photo by By Meredith Seaver
  • Former Yell Leader James Pace steps back into uniform while the current Yell Leaders are in California for the season’s first football game.

Photo by By Meredith Seaver
  • The Aggies celebrate after winning the fourth set against Penn State.  The come from behind win sent the game to a fifth set.

Photo by By Meredith Seaver
  • Sophomore outside hitter Hollann Hans jumps back to pass the ball in the fifth set. 

Photo by By Meredith Seaver
  • Freshman setter Camille Conner shoots the ball to the outside while Junior Kaitlyn Blake watches and fakes an attack.

Photo by By Meredith Seaver
  • In a last effort to beat Penn State the Aggies put up a triple block including junior middle blocker Kaitlyn Blake, sophomore outside hitter Hollann Hans,and freshman right side Samantha Sanders.

Photo by By Meredith Seaver