Weekend in Review: Texas A&M vs. LSU

Photo by Photo by Cassie Stricker

Head Yell Leader Ian Moss welcomes the crowd of Aggies to Midnight Yell Practice at Walk-On’s in Baton Rouge, LA.

The Aggies traveled to Baton Rouge to take on the Tigers this weekend.  Midnight Yell was held at Walk-On’s in Baton Rouge the night before Texas A&M fell to LSU Nov. 26 at Tiger Stadium. A&M ended the regular season with a 7-5 record.
Photos by Cassie Stricker and Meredith Seaver

• Yell Leaders Cooper Cox and Gavin Suel led a crowd with a mix of Aggie and Tiger fans.

Photo by Photo by Cassie Stricker
  • Junior Yell Leader Connor Joseph told a fable.

Photo by Cassie Stricker
  • Midnight Yell for away games is organized by the Association of Former Students.

Photo by Cassie Stricker
  • Junior yell leader Connor Joseph told a fable about a sasquatch that turned out to be a girl from LSU.

• Midnight Yell

• The Yell Leaders made midnight yell in Baton Rouge a success.

• Redshirt freshman quarterback Nick Starkel plays every game with a Justin Bieber shirt under his pads and can be seen practicing in it before kickoff.

• The Yell Leaders huddle and say a prayer before kickoff.

• Defensive backs Roney Elam and Deshawn Capers-Smith run out onto the field.

Photo by Photo by Cassie Stricker
  • The Aggies wore maroon in Death Valley on Saturday since the LSU Tigers wear white jerseys at home.

• Redshirt freshman Nick Starkel logged 227 yards with two touchdowns on 16-of-30 passing and three interceptions.

Photo by Photo by Cassie Stricker
  • The A&M-LSU game was Nick Starkel’s third straight 200-yard passing game.

Photo by Photo by Cassie Stricker
  • Senior tight end Tanner Schorp had 46 yards and two receptions in the game.

Photo by Photo by Cassie Stricker
  • A&M lost to LSU for the sixth year in a row.

Photo by Photo by Cassie Stricker
  • Senior Armani Watts had 11 total tackles against LSU.

Photo by Photo by Cassie Stricker
  • Senior punter Shane Tripucka had seven punts for 341 yards and served as the holder for field goal and point after touchdown attempts.

Photo by Photo by Cassie Stricker
  • Sophomore running back Trayveon Williams scored the Aggies’ first touchdown with 21 seconds left in the first half.

Photo by Photo by Cassie Stricker
  • Trayveon Williams and freshman Jhamon Ausbon celebrate after Williams’s touchdown.

Photo by Photo by Cassie Stricker
  • The Yell Leaders lead the Aggies in the crowd in a yell after a touchdown.

Photo by Photo by Cassie Stricker
  • The Fightin’ Texas Aggie Band performed at halftime in Tiger Stadium.

Photo by Photo by Cassie Stricker
  • Senior wide receiver Damion Ratley had his sixth touchdown catch in the month of November.

Photo by Photo by Cassie Stricker
  • Despite speculation, Kevin Sumlin remains head coach after the loss to LSU.

Photo by Photo by Cassie Stricker
  • Senior running back Keith Ford had seven rushing attempts for seven yards.

Photo by Photo by Cassie Stricker
  • Sophomore defensive lineman Micheal Clemons brings an LSU wide receiver to the ground. He finished the game with a total of 16 tackles.

• True freshman defensive back Debione Renfro wraps the legs of an LSU running back for one of his 8 tackles on the night.

• Sophomore running back Trayveon Williams finds a hole in the line, one of 17 times he ran the ball against the Tigers.

• Junior wide receiver Christian Kirk prepares to catch a pass from redshirt freshman quarterback Nick Starkel. He finished the night with a touchdown and a total of 78 yards.

• Redshirt freshman linebacker Keeath Magee II tackles an LSU running back, one of his three of the evening.

• Junior wide receiver Christian Kirk heads back to the sidelines after scoring a touchdown against LSU on Nov. 26, 2017.

• Sophomore defensive back Charles Oliver sprints after an LSU running back as the last defense to prevent a Tiger touchdown.

• Senior punter Shane Tripucka had a total of 7 punts in the game for a total of 341 yards and a long of 61 yards.

• Sophomore running back Trayveon Williams found some of his family and friends on the sidelines after the conclusion of the game.