Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) drives to the basket during Texas A&Ms game against Nebraska in the first round of the 2024 NCAA Tournament at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, March 22, 2024. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
How Tyrece Radford can catch the attention of NBA scouts

After 5 years of college basketball at Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, Tyrece Radford is furthering his athletic career with the San Antonio...

Women’s basketball routs LA Tech, 77-26

After Tuesdays 77-26 win over Louisiana Tech, A&M head coach Gary Blair emptied his pockets, displaying all manner of good luck charms.
Im superstitious, but when you have good payers it makes up for a lot of superstitions, Blair said. And we have good players.
The No. 25 A&M womens basketball team tied a team record with 12 makes from behind the three-point line and ran away from the Techsters behind a career-high 18 points from freshman Peyton Little.
A&M head coach Gary Blair said he was surprised at the scoring margin due to the history and pedigree of the Louisiana Tech program.
The rout came from both sides of the ball as the offense shot 11-15 from three-point range and 30-71 overall while holding the Techsters to 9-54 shooting.
Senior guard Adrienne Pratcher said the defensive success that forced 22 turnovers led to easy looks in transition.
We didnt expect this much of a blowout, Pratcher said. I think our execution early in the game affected them, and once we were getting steals on the defensive end I think it got to them as well.
Little made four three-pointers and added two three-point plays for her best collegiate effort in 22 minutes.
It feels great, Little said. My teammates were able to find me in the open court.
Center Karla Gilbert said transition play and good passing helped the team move closer to its goals.
Our goal is to get better every time we step on the court, Gilbert said.
10 Aggies scored and nine played at least 14 minutes in a game that was never close. Rushing out to a 13-0 lead to begin the game, A&M led by as many as 50 points in the blowout. Freshman Courtney Williams was perfect in four attempts from three-point range for 14 points in 14 minutes. Senior Kristi Bellock stuffed the stat sheet with four points, eight rebounds, four steals and three blocks.
A&M played in its first game since the news that guard Alexia Standish has left the team.