Neil Jhurani, Sports Writer • May 23, 2024

A warm, summer evening bestowed Hoover, Alabama on Wednesday night when the No. 4 Texas A&M Aggies faced the No. 15 Mississippi State Bulldogs...

Aggie baseball tied 2-2 with Wildcats in the fifth inning

Although the score is tied 2-2 going into the fifth inning, Texas A&M and Abilene Christian have a combined one RBI, finding multiple ways to earn runs.
ACU loaded the bases in the first inning to start the charge, and took the first advantage at 1-0 after Marcelle Carter was walked on a full count. Fans were not elated, as the previous batter, Russell Crippen, was called for being hit by the pitch, which was ultimately decided by a meeting between the umpires.
The Aggies evened the score in the bottom of the inning. After Mitchell Nau reached first off a walk, Logan Taylor stepped up to the plate and drove a pitch to right center, bringing in Nau for the game’s lone RBI.
The third inning was more of the same, as both teams tallied another run onto the scoreboard. ACU did it through leadoff hitter Aaron Draper, who started the inning with a single to center. A sacrifice bunt and a groundout moved him to third, and the duo of Draper and Crippen coordinated steals that were successful, putting the Wildcats up 2-1. Blake Allemand, A&M’s leadoff hitter, similarly reached first on a single and weaved his way to third on a steal and groundout. Eventually, Allemand tied the game by reaching home after a wild pitch.
Turner Larkins pitched the first four innings, accumulating two strikeouts while only allowing three hits.
Check in later for the game recap.