Former A&M basketball star inks 5-year deal with Bucks

Photo by Texas A&M Athletics

Khris Middleton played for the A&M men’s basketball team from 2009-2012. 

After a breakout 2014-15 season, free agent forward and former A&M basketball star Khris Middleton hit the free agent market looking to get paid. That’s exactly what happened.

Middleton and the Milwaukee Bucks reached an agreement early on the first day of free agency with a five-year, $70 million deal that keeps him with the team he has developed into a very effective player with.

Alongside a supporting cast which includes young core players such as Giannis Antetokounmpo, Michael Carter-Williams and Jabari Parker, Middleton posted his best season in the NBA, averaging career highs in points, assists, rebounds and steals, and establishing himself as one of the most versatile players in the league. 

With the salary cap in the NBA scheduled to increase from $67 million to a record $90 million next year, the Bucks could have potentially gathered Middleton at a bargain and set their team up for success for years to come.