Lawrence’s fantasy corner: week 10

Heading into week 10 there were three undefeated teams. After the Bengals loss to the Texans on Monday night only two teams remain undefeated, the Panthers and Patriots. Week 10 also included two big games from former Michigan State Spartans, Jeremy Langford and Kirk Cousins, who were the top two scorers of the the week.

Studs:

Jeremy Langford (Chicago): Matt Forte’s back up put up the most fantasy points in all of week 10. The former Spartan did his damage both receiving and running. Langford ran the ball 20 times for 73 yards and a touchdown. Langford also caught seven passes for 109 yards and score. The player’s 29 points this week has now enabled him to put up 51 total points in his last two games. Keep an eye on Forte’s injury status heading into week 11.

Kirk Cousins: The “You like that!” quarterback had another reason to yell that phrase this week after he put up 28 points against the Saints. Cousins lit up New Orleans at home going 20-for-25 with 324 yards and four touchdowns. Cousins hit tight end Jordan Reed for two scores and continues to improve each week. Cousins still remains a solid waiver wire add or QB 3 for fantasy owners due to inconsistency.

Other studs: Ben Roethlisberger (Pittsburgh) Adrian Peterson (Minnesota), Antonio Brown (Pittsburgh), Charcandrick West (Kansas City)

Adds:

Matt Jones (Washington): Despite remaining Alfred Morris’ back up, Matt Jones continues to garner a descent share of carries. Jones scored 24 points against the Saints on Sunday. Jones carried the ball 11 times for 56 yards but caught three targets for 131 yards and a touchdown. Jones will face a tough Panthers defense this week but continues to be good choice for a bye week fill in.

Other Adds: Zach Miller (Chicago), Delanie Walker (Tennessee), Brock Osweiler (Denver)

Busts:

Peyton Manning (Denver): On the same day Manning broke the all-time passing yardage record, he played the worst game of his career. Manning finished the day 5-for-20 with 35 yards and four interceptions. The veteran quarterback was pulled in the middle of the third quarter and had -7 fantasy points. Yes, Peyton Manning had -7 fantasy points.

Denver DST: After seven straight weeks with double digit points excluding one nine point outing, the Denver DST has only put up a combined 7 points in the last two weeks. This week the defense only had one point mostly in part to Peyton Manning’s four interceptions.

Andy Dalton (Cincinnati): A home matchup against the Texans appeared to make Dalton a top five quarterback this week in fantasy. The result was a 10-6 loss against a team that has haunted them in the past. Dalton put up a season low of eight fantasy points. He finished the day with 197 yards and an interception. Drops by his wide receivers plagued him throughout most of the night.

Other busts: Randall Cobb (Green Bay), Dez Bryant (Dallas), A.J. Green (Cincinnati)

Aggie Fantasy:

Johnny Manziel: The Texas A&M legend threw for a career high 372 yards Sunday against the Steelers. Manziel completed 33 of 45 passes and added one touchdown and one interception. Manziel finished the day with 15 points and impressed his head coach Mike Pettine. If named the starting quarterback, Manziel is solid back up for a fantasy roster.
Mike Evans: The 6-5 wide receiver has been impressive since the Bucs’ bye week. In his four games since, Evans has a combined 51 fantasy points. This weekend Evans made 8 receptions for 126 yards. The former A&M wide receiver is quickly becoming Jameis Winston’s favorite target similar to the situation with Josh McCown last year.