Junior P Emily Kennedy (11) pitches the ball during the Aggie softball teams Maroon & White game on Friday, Oct. 27, 2023 at Davis Diamond (Katelynn Ivy/The Battalion).
A&M advances to Super Regionals with run-rule victory over Texas State

When Texas State softball senior RHP Jessica Mullins and Texas A&M junior LHP Emiley Kennedy each started Sunday’s Bryan-College Station...

NCAA tournament selection show reveals seeding for A&M tennis

The Texas A&M men’s and women’s tennis teams were presented with their paths to a NCAA championship Tuesday when the NCAA tournament selection show took place.
The SEC tournament champion men’s team (21-4) will enter the tournament as the No. 6 overall seed and will host the first two rounds of the tournament. A&M’s first opponent is Eastern Kentucky (18-7), who earned an automatic tournament bid when they were named champions of the Ohio Valley conference. EKU and A&M will play their first round match on May 8th at the Mitchell Tennis Center.
The Aggies could potentially meet No. 11 Ohio State for a rematch in the round of 16. Other notable teams that will be standing in the way of A&M will be No. 3 Virginia, No. 7 USC and No. 2 Baylor.
The Texas A&M women’s team (15-5) is seeded as the No. 10 overall team in the tournament and will face Alcorn State (11-12), who was the automatic qualifier from the SWAC, in the first round of play. The women also will be a host team for the first two rounds of the tournament and will commence play on either the 8th or 9th of May.
In order to get out of their region, the Aggies will have to potentially knock off No. 7 UCLA and No. 2 North Carolina.