Palmer slips on day three, continues to drop on leaderboard

Ryan Palmer heads into Sunday’s round at the Masters tied for No. 36.  Palmer shot 2-over par Saturday for the second consecutive round, putting him at 1-over par for the tournament.
Palmer has struggled on back-to-back days, shooting 38 on the front nine. He also shot an even 36 on both days through the first nine holes.
After making a double-bogey on the 11th hole, it looked as if Palmer’s round was beginning to derail, but he managed to make birdie on the 15th and 16th holes to limit the damage.
Palmer has been known to make moves during his fourth rounds. In his last tournament at the Valero Texas Open, after shooting a 73 during his third round, the golfer shot a 4-under par 68, which helped him secure a tie for sixth in the tournament.
If Palmer makes a move tomorrow, he will replicate his form at the Valero Texas Open where he shot under par and was in contention during the first day, struggled the second and third day, and made a move the final day.
Jordan Spieth still leads the Masters at 16-under par. He shot a 2-under par 70 and holds a four shot lead over Englishman Justin Rose.
Phil Mickelson and Charley Hoffman round up the players who sit with double-digit under par scores. Mickelson is 11-under and Hoffman is 10-under.
Other notable movers during Saturday were Northern Irishman Rory McIlroy and four-time Masters winner Tiger Woods, who both shot 4-under 68s. Woods has improved each day at the Masters. He shot opened the tournament with a 73 but has showed improvement by shooting a 3 under yesterday and 4 under today.
Palmer will tee tomorrow off at 10:10 a.m. He is paired with Matt Kuchar, who is ranked No. 16 in the world.