Palmer slows pace, but makes cut after day two

Ryan Palmer completed his second round of the Masters today shooting a 2-over par 73. He now stands in a tie for No. 27 with Keegan Bradley and is one shot behind Northern Irishman, Rory McIlroy, who is the No. 1 golfer in the world.

Palmer opened with a bogey, and birdied the next hole to get back to even, but eventually double-bogeyed the fifth hole. By the end of it, he shot a front nine 38. He then made the turn to the back nine and played them even par, shooting a 36.

The Colleyville, Texas native played well enough over the first two days to make the cut and continue his Masters journey into the weekend. The cut line was 3-over par.

This  is the former A&M golfer’s third time to make the cut at Augusta. The first two came in 2005 and 2011, where Palmer made the cut finishing tied for No. 39 and tied for No. 10, respectively.

21-year-old Jordan Spieth is the leader heading into the weekend after shooting a 66 on Friday. Spieth broke the 36 hole record at Augusta after finishing the first two days at 14-under par overall. The previous record was held by Raymond Floyd, who finished -13 under in 1976.

Charley Hoffman sits in second place by himself at nine-under par. He is followed by Dustin Johnson, Justin Rose and Paul Casey who all sit at 7-under. Johnson set a Masters record for most eagles in a round after he recorded three on holes 2, 8, and 15.

Former world No. 1 Tiger Woods, who took a leave from golf for a few months, continues to impress after making a move on day two after shooting 3-under for his round, which puts him at 2-under overall and in a tie for No. 19.

Palmer will resume competition with these golfers alongside American Keegan Bradley at 11:35 a.m. Saturday.