Aggie advances to ‘Top Model’ final

Provided
Will Jardell poses with a fellow competitor on Americas Top Model. 
Provided Will Jardell poses with a fellow competitor on America’s Top Model. 

With four episodes of America’s Next Top Model remaining, Aggie graduate Will Jardell stands as one of the final six competitors.
The season has already wrapped, but Jardell can’t share whether or not he’s won until the season finale airs.
“When I came back [my family] had already seen all of my pictures and the first thing they said was like, ‘You won, we know that you won,’” Jardell said. “And I am just like, ‘I can’t tell you if I won or if I got eliminated.’”
Jardell said it was interesting to hear people guess how far he’s made it into the competition and how confident they were in his “competitive spirit.”
“I think a lot of people aren’t surprised, especially my friends and family,” Jardell said. “They aren’t surprised at how far I’ve made it so far.”
Jardell said he moved to Los Angeles in September and plans to stay in Los Angeles at least a year to try and further his modeling career.
“It has just been really awesome to use the show as kind of a platform and springboard and promote our careers and hopefully something great comes out of it,” Jardell said.
Jardell said there have been some exciting moments while on set, including at the end of October, when an episode aired in which the models did a photo shoot in South Korea. Jardell said the experience was a fun way to delve into a different culture.
“Korea is a very interesting place,” Jardell said. “It reminds me a lot of New York City, but it’s so spread out. New York is very compact and high. Korea is like 10 stories tops and then super spread out over a wide area. Everything is super close together. The food — they put chili powder on everything. A lot of their food is really delicious, but some of it is way too spicy.”
Morgan Ransleben, biomedical engineering senior, said she thinks Jardell has a great chance of winning.
“He will definitely be a top-three contender, with his biggest competition being Shei [Phan],” Ransleben said.
Ransleben said Jardell’s modeling skills have progressed throughout the season, as he has grown in his modeling confidence.
“Will has shown his true Aggie character by being a great friend within the house and handling tough situations with respect and class,” Ransleben said.
To celebrate his homecoming, Jardell will be back in College Station with friends and his family. A meet and greet will be held from 3-5 p.m. at Chuy’s, and a viewing party and after party is planned at The Corner from 10 p.m.-2 a.m. on Friday.
Chandler Stout, sports management senior, said she would be in attendance Friday.
“I am most excited about the energy at the event,” Stout said. “My roommates and I have been actively watching this season, enjoying each challenge and picture. I am pumped to be around others who love not only the show but also the art like we do.”
Jardell said his Aggie family has supported him throughout the competition and is rooting for his win.
“I’d love to meet everyone,” Jardell said. “It was a great experience, Top Model. I would definitely do it again if I ever had the opportunity.”