Aggie claims victory on Food Network’s ‘Worst Cooks in America’

Allison Wolfe, Class of 2009, was named the Season 15 winner of “Worst Cooks in America”. She was a member of chef Anne Burrell’s red team and defeated chef Tyler Florence’s blue team competitor Brittany Carel in a three-course blind taste test.

Allison Wolfe, Class of 2009, earned first place on the reality television show “Worst Cooks in America,” taking home the cash prize of $25,000. The season 15 finale aired at 9 p.m. on March 3, revealing Wolfe as the winner.
The Food Network released the first episode of the season on Jan. 6, following the journey of 15 initial recruits who were battling weekly to become the most improved cooks in America. In each episode, these recruits attempted cooking high-quality meals in hopes of staying in the game for yet another round.
The recruits learned under professional chefs Anne Burrell and Tyler Florence. Wolfe brought Burrell’s red team to victory in the end. She ultimately won against blue team competitor Brittany Carel in a blind taste test of the three-course meal she prepared for judges Debi Mazar, Michael Psilakis and Jessica Tom.
Life & Arts writer Kenedi Kruger spoke with Wolfe about her experience on the show.
THE BATTALION: Did you ever expect that you would win Worst Cooks going into it?
WOLFE: You know, I think from the beginning I knew I was going to work hard. I thought I could get maybe halfway through with hard work. I never thought I would win. As I progressed and started winning, I thought to myself, Allison, you need to kick it into gear and get the money. From the beginning, I really wanted to learn how to cook, but I didn’t think I’d get far, so I was really surprised and honoured.
THE BATTALION: How did it feel to win? Were you surprised?
WOLFE: I was surprised. I put everything I had into it. When they called my name, it took a second, then I just dropped to the floor. And I was actually on the ground for about ten minutes. In that moment, everything I had worked for paid off. The crew was clapping, and it felt really cool.
THE BATTALION: Would you recommend this experience to other people?
WOLFE: One hundred percent. If you go to boot camp or get chosen for boot camp, you need to go full force. Take it seriously and treat it as the most important thing in the world and you’ll do well. Go into it knowing there’s a lot you could learn. It’s an amazing opportunity.
THE BATTALION: If you could choose one important thing that you took out of the experience, what would it be?
WOLFE: I think never giving up. There were a lot of times during boot camp where I thought I could never do this challenge or make this meal. So, I learned never giving up. And realising that it was going to be really really tough, but not giving up.
The first episode in Season 16 of “Worst Cooks in America” is set to air on April 21 of this year. Not much has been released about the newest season yet, except that it will include eight of the “worst” celebrity cooks.

• Allison Wolfe, Class of 2009, was named the Season 15 winner of “Worst Cooks in America”. She was a member of chef Anne Burrell’s red team and defeated chef Tyler Florence’s blue team competitor Brittany Carel in a three-course blind taste test.