Texas A&M pitcher Evan Aschenbeck (53) throws a pitch during Texas A&M’s game against Florida at the NCAA Men’s College World Series semifinal at Charles Schwab Field in Omaha, Nebraska on Sunday, June 19, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Aggies defeat Gators 6-0 to advance to first College World Series finals
Kolton Becker, Sports Writer • June 20, 2024

There’s always a first for everything.  For the first time in program history, Texas A&M baseball is headed to the Men’s College...

February movie reel

“Big Hero 6”
Get your Kleenex ready for this action-packed, heartfelt animated comedy. Closet robotics genius Hiro Hamada’s talent is realized when he is inducted into a robotics university. After a fire causes tragedy for Hiro, he must look to his new friends to restore order to the university. Shown at 7 p.m. Friday in MSC 2400 for no cost.
“Friday the 13th”
As if the fact that the 13th of the month falls on a Friday wasn’t creepy enough, this legendary 1980 slasher flick is playing at 7 p.m. Feb. 13. “Friday the 13th” details the events at Camp Crystal Lake as counselors are hunted by a mysterious killer. Get into the Valentine’s Day mood with this story of revenge, murder and gore galore. Shown in MSC 2406B.
“Dear White People”
This 2014 Sundance Film Festival winner tells the story of African-American students attending a predominantly white college, Winchester University. Sam White, a mixed race student, runs a radio show called “Dear White People,” causing tension among students and faculty with her criticism of both white people and the racism that exists on campus. Hosted by the WBAC with MSC Aggie Cinema at 6 p.m. Feb. 16 in Rudder Theater for no cost.

•