Funhouse bounces to Northgate

A vibrant district on any day, Northgate has become a bit more colorful with the presence of an an inflatable, 15,000 square foot, purple and orange castle.
The Adult Swim Funhouse Tour came to town Thursday for a quick two-day stay. The tour, whose easy-to-spot blow-up castle is positioned next to the Northgate parking lot, will be in town until Friday evening. Amanda Walden, director of events for Adult Swim, said Adult Swim is a television network that is mostly watched by people between the ages of 18-49.
“I find it hilarious, trippy, and weird,” said Max Leoffler, sophomore general studies major. “It’s very strange comedy.”
Adult Swim shows usually feature explicit content and language, which Leoffler said is something people learn to appreciate with age.
“I sort of grew up with it,” Leoffler said. “You know, whenever my friends and I would stay up super late we’d watch Adult Swim and we’d learn a whole bunch of new words. So it’s always kind of been there. And as I’ve gotten older, I get more of the jokes and I really like it.”
Laura Marshall, freshman civil engineering major, said what the tour had to offer seemed fun and interesting despite her distaste for Adult Swim culture.
“I always thought it was kind of stupid to be honest,” Marshall said. “I don’t like the comedy -it’s not my cup of tea.”
The Adult Swim Funhouse has toured at various universities this year already. Walden said the funhouse, which consists of special effects such as trick mirrors and shifting floors, was a way to bring a live event to loyal fans across the nation.
“We are constantly looking for new experiences to bring to our fans and unique ways to make them our own,” Walden said. “Someone had the idea of taking a traditional funhouse that so many of us experienced when we were kids and putting our Adult Swim stamp on it.”
Those attending the Funhouse Tour can expect a walk through 15 different themed-rooms. Walden said she hopes the funhouse will give Texas A&M students a chance to do something different and unexpected.