Texas A&M infielder Ali Camarillo (2) thros to first during Texas A&M’s game against Louisiana at the NCAA Bryan-College Station Regional Final at Olsen Field on Sunday, June 2, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Camarillo, Aschenbeck selected by Athletics, Cubs to round out 2024 MLB Draft

Junior SS Ali Camarillo and senior LHP Evan Aschenbeck rounded out the 2024 MLB Draft for Texas A&M baseball on Monday as they were selected...

Grounded in History

Photo by Austin Patterson

War Hymn Monument

The War Hymn Monument in front of Kyle Field was unveiled in Sept. 2014. The 40-foot wide statue features 12 students locked arm in arm, swaying to the War Hymn and sawing Varsity’s horns off, a tradition unique to Texas A&M. The statue is located on the 50-yard line of the east side of the stadium, which is where the student section is located. The statue is modeled after A&M students from a diverse background, including both undergraduate and graduate students.
Bolton Hall is located to the left of the front of the Academic Building on A&M’s central campus. Constructed in 1912, Bolton Hall was originally named the Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Building. In 1921, A&M students conducted what is believed to be the nation’s first ever play-by-play commentary of a football game inside the building. Renamed Bolton Hall in 1939 after Frank C. Bolton, the then head of the electrical engineering department. The building now houses the communication department.

• Bolton Hall

Photo by Austin Patterson