Kevin Hart show on slate for Rudder

The comedic talents of Kevin Hart will take the Rudder Auditorium stage Nov. 23 for a students-only event.
Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. Friday for “A Night of Comedy With Kevin Hart,” hosted by MSC committees Town Hall, Woodson Black Awareness Committee and Aggie Cinema.
Leah Schell, Town Hall executive and telecommunication media studies junior, said the actor-comedian is well known among college students.
“Kevin Hart, I think, is one of the most popular comedians of this time and he’s really taken great strides to be a celebrity comedian and be one of the most well renowned comedians, and I think that he is a really important part of our culture — pop culture — at this point in time,” Schell said.
Hart has a unique way of making his subjects relevant to his audience, Schell said.
“He’s really good at relating to our generation in general,” Schell said. “He’s a really great storyteller and I really enjoy that about his comedy and I think that a lot of people do, too.”
The MSC isn’t often able to bring an act like Hart’s to campus, MSC President Ryan Trantham said.
“This particular program, with such a big celebrity, is a rare opportunity for the MSC, because we don’t always have the funds available to bring such large programs to campus,” Trantham said. “However, we saw the unique opportunity we had to bring in a program that directly meets the programming desires and needs of the student body and were fortunate to have the funding available to make this program occur.”
Ian Kettelkamp, Town Hall chair and nutritional sciences senior, said the opportunity to book Hart fell into their laps when Town Hall was contacted by Hart’s agent.
“Mostly we keep our ear to the ground,” Kettelkamp said. “We’ll make contact through the networks that we have of agents and so on throughout the nation to kind of help us become aware of these opportunities when they’re available.”
Tickets, which cost $10, will go on sale Friday through the MSC Box Office.