The No. 3 Texas A&M baseball team took on No. 1 Tennessee Thursday at 1 p.m. at Hoover Metropolitan Stadium in Hoover, Alabama. Despite its...

66th Session to cement leadership

In preparation for the 66th session of Student Senate to take over legislative duties from the 65th session in the April 30 Senate meeting, the 66th session will meet Wednesday to elect remaining Senate officers and confirm four recently appointed members of the executive council of Student Body President Reid Joseph.
The meeting will follow a meet and greet session with the appointed executive council members.
Christopher Russo, aerospace engineering graduate student and speaker of the 66th session, said past confirmations have been relatively free of debate in his four years of experience.
I cannot speak for the other senators, but generally, unless there is some major concern, it has been pretty much assured, Russo said.
In a continuation of the previous 66th session meeting, senators will also debate and vote on who will hold the remaining four senatorial officer positions.
Maci Hurley, junior political science major and 66th session Speaker Pro Tempore, said the 66th session may see more debate over committee officer positions than the preceding session depending on who gets nominated.
I think there is going to be a lot more discussion on the floor over officer positions, Hurley said. Senators are wanting to make sure that the most effective individuals are the ones that are elected to improve the relations we have with our constituents.
Once they have knowledge of the new officers, all senators will choose their legislative committee membership preferences by the end of the meeting.