A&M finishes undefeated in non-conference play with 16-3 win over Rice

Additional spring ballot items

Voting+Graphic
Graphic by Alexis Will
Voting Graphic

Class of 2020 Gift:
Before heading into their senior year, members of the Class of 2020 will choose a permanent legacy to leave on the Texas A&M campus. Previous class gifts include the mosaic seal in the Academic Building from the Class of 1978 and the Spirit of Bonfire sculptures from the Class of 1987. Other classes have used their gifts for the maintenance and improvement of existing campus landmarks and institutions. With $25,000 and five distinct gift options, it’s time for the Class of 2020 to decide how it will shape the future of Aggieland.
Rudder Plaza mural

• Mural behind the plaza stage featuring A&M history and traditions
  • Painted by a team of student artists
  • Final design selected through a competition

H2O Fountain endowment

• Permanent fund for H2O foundation to run daily
  • Maintenance for fountain and surrounding structures
  • Plaque for the Class of 2020

Ben Knox artwork endowment

• Fund to sustain the tradition in which Silver Taps families receive an inscribed, framed Silver Taps painting by Benjamin Knox.

Bonfire Memorial upkeep

• Endowment would pay for soaps, waxes and tools for yearly maintenance of bronze portals
  • Visit from professional conservator every 4-5 years for intensive restoration

HelpLine endowment

• Help fund annual operating budget of HelpLine
  • Provide improved training and seminars for staff

Opinion poll questions on the ballot:
Reinstate the Rivalry
When Texas A&M joined the Southeastern Conference in 2012, we stopped playing the annual football game against the University of Texas at Austin due to fully booked non-conference schedules. Recently, however, administrators such as Chancellor Sharp and President Young have publicly stated that they are considering reestablishing the Texas A&M vs. UT football rivalry.
To help them and the rest of our administration make an informed decision regarding whether or not to bring back the game, they should be given accurate feedback from the student body about student opinion surrounding this issue. To that end,
Do you support reinstating the annual Texas A&M University vs. University of Texas at Austin rivalry game on our non-conference football schedule?
Response options:
1. Yes
2. No
3. Undecided
4. Indifferent
Recovery Support
Information about the prevalence of Alcohol and Other Drug use on our campus can be helpful in determining the appropriate amount of student services to provide. For the purposes of this poll, we will define abuse as follows:
The use of alcohol and/or drugs to an extent that causes significant impairment, including health problems, disability, and failure to meet major responsibilities at work, school, or home.
Do you know at least one current student who is currently abusing alcohol and/or other drugs?
Response options:
1. Yes
2. No
3. I’d rather not say
Questions provided by Election Commissioner