Aggies 4 Feminism sends letters to female faculty and staff

Photo by Photo by Chevall Pryce

Aggies 4 Feminism collect letters for students and faculty across campus.

Aggies 4 Feminism filled a box with encouraging words and support for the women of Texas A&M during their letter-writing event “Letters of Love, Solidarity & Anti-Sexism” in the 12th Man Hall of the Memorial Student Center.

In response to the recent comments made about Student Body President Hannah Wimberly and her family in a GroupMe allegedly involving Student Senate members, A4F hosted the event to turn a negative situation into a positive opportunity.

Christina Franklin, university studies senior and treasurer for A4F, said students were enthusiastic about sending letters to Wimberly as well as other women at the university.

“A lot of people still don’t know what happened so we had to debrief them,” Franklin said. “One girl wrote a letter specifically to her biomedical teacher. She said she’s a chemistry major and there’s already so few of us … Some people are writing to other people and some people are writing specifically to Hannah.”

A4F plans to deliver the letters to the people receiving them after they’ve been collected from the box and their email address.