Dr. Weston Porter (top left) and researchers from the breast cancer lab. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Weston Porter)
New A&M research initiative provides cutting-edge cancer treatments
J.M. Wise, News Reporter • April 8, 2024

It has been 20 months since Michelle Pozzi, Ph.D, of Texas A&M’s Biochemistry and Biophysics department was diagnosed with cancer. However,...

Light Middleweight boxers Francis Cristal and Frank Chiu throw crosses during Farmers Fight Night on Thursday, April 4th, 2024, at Reed Arena.
‘One day there’s going to be a ring in the middle of Kyle Field’
Zoe May, Editor in Chief • April 11, 2024

“Throw the 1, follow with the 2!” “Keep your hands up!” “Tie him up!” It was the sixth fight of the night. The crowd was either...

Students, residents commemorates Eid Al-Fitr
Lasan Ukwatta Liyanage, Life & Arts Writer • April 11, 2024

This year's Eid Al-Fitr celebration, hosted by Texas A&M’s Muslim Student Association, or MSA, drew over 1,500 attendees on Wednesday,...

Student housing located right outside off campus boundaries on George Bush Drive. 
Guest Commentary: An open letter to City Hall
Ben Crockett, Guest Contributor • April 11, 2024

City Council, As representatives of the Texas Aggie Classes of 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027, we write to you today to urge a reconsideration...

Aggies should unite and celebrate differences

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Jon Steed of The Battalion for condemning the physical abuse of a fellow Aggie. The lack of outcry about this incident on campus was deafening for those who love peace. I am glad to see The Battalion using its influence to be a positive voice of Texas A&M.
Yet the article only focused on how this was wrong because the victim was homosexual. What was more shocking to me is how Aggies will beat up other Aggies. We are supposed to be part of the same family. Yet to some people, being an Aggie is more about your sexual or political orientation rather than enrollment in the University. It is these harmful and blatantly-discriminatory ideas that are the true threat to the 21st century Aggie Spirit. We must come together as a group and celebrate our differences, or all that talk about being an Aggie family is just cheap rhetoric.