Texas A&M infielder Rylen Wiggins (2) makes a catch during Texas A&M’s game against UAlbany at the first round of the NCAA Women’s College World Series at Davis Diamond on Friday, May 18, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
A&M wins second regional game 1-0 against Texas State
Kolton Becker, Sports Writer • May 18, 2024

Saturday, May 18 was the second time this year that Texas A&M softball met Texas State. The previous matchup between the two squads occurred...

Ags return to Olsen to battle Cardinals

The Texas A&Mbaseball team will return from a rough roadtrip onTuesday to take on the Lamar University Cardinals at Olsen Field.
The game comes on the heels of losing two of three games this weekend in Lubbock to the Texas Tech UniversityRed Raiders., which dropped the Aggies’ Big 12 record to 3-3.
Lamar (17-6, 4-1 Southland Conference) is coming to College Station after taking two of three games from Southland Conference rival University of Texas-San Antonio over the weekend.
The Aggies (20-8) have lost four of their last seven games and have lost three of their last four on the road including the losses to Tech and a midweek loss to UTSA in San Antonio.
A&Mwill put junior left-hander Kyle Parcus on the mound against Lamar. Parcus has posted a 1-2 record this season with a 6.75 ERA. He has recorded 18 strikeouts in 21.1 innings of work.
Parcus last saw action on Saturday in the Aggies’ 10-5 victory against Tech when he pitched 1.1 innings, allowing two runs, two walks, and three hits. Parcus entered the game in the sixth inning, and after walking the first batter he faced to load the bases and forcing a short fly-out, he threw a wild pitch allowing Tech to score its third run of the inning.
The Cardinals will counter with their own left-handed ace by putting junior Josh Gray on the mound. Gray leads the team with 34.1 innings of work and a 4-2 record. His ERAstands at 3.15 coming into Tuesday’s matchup.
The Aggies have posted a 26-7 record all-time against Lamar, including a 12-10 victory when the teams met last season in Beaumont.
First pitch is scheduled for 7 p.m.
A&Mwill return to Big 12 action this weekend with a split series against Baylor University. Friday’s game will be held at the Baylor Ballpark in Waco at 7 p.m., and games two and three will be at Olsen Field on Saturday and Sunday beginning at 7 p.m. and 2 p.m., respectively.