Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) drives to the basket during Texas A&Ms game against Nebraska in the first round of the 2024 NCAA Tournament at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, March 22, 2024. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
How Tyrece Radford can catch the attention of NBA scouts

After 5 years of college basketball at Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, Tyrece Radford is furthering his athletic career with the San Antonio...

A&M chapter of NAACP to hold demonstration

The NAACP chapter at Texas A&M will hold a demonstration in Rudder Plaza Friday to call attention to racial tension minority students have reportedly experienced.

Kendal Gallimore, president of the NAACP chapter at A&M, was involved in organizing the event. In an email sent to The Battalion, Gallimore said the event intends to be a call for administration to address the concerns of minority groups on campus with meaningful changes to ensure that issues like the Feb. 9 incident — in which a visiting group of Dallas high schoolers were the victims of racial slurs — don’t happen again.

Derin Oduye, political science senior and president of Texas A&M Amnesty International said she hopes the demonstration will shed light on the issue of racism on campus.

“I just think that we needed something of this magnitude to show that [the Feb. 9 incident] is not an isolated incident as the university wants to portray it,” Oduye said. “I think the university should have seen this coming.”
The demonstration will occur at 2 p.m. Friday in Rudder Plaza.