Texas A&M infielder Rylen Wiggins (2) reacts during Texas A&M’s game against Texas at the Austin Super Regional at Red and Charline McCombs Field in Austin, Texas, on Sunday, May 26, 2024. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Aggies’ season ends with heartbreaking loss to Longhorns

Sharper play in the sixth innings of Texas A&M softball’s NCAA Super Regional series with No. 1 Texas may have been the difference between...

A&M professor dies after jumping from parking garage

Communication department head and professor, James Aune, was pronounced dead after jumping from the Northside Parking Garage located along University Drive on Tuesday morning.
According to officials, Aune was found at approximately 10:30 a.m. Other details of his death have yet to be released. Lt. Allan Baron of UPD said foul play was not suspected.
After coming to A&M in 1996 as an associate professor, Aune became the department head of communication in 2011. According to the departments website, he was a noted author of several books for which he was awarded the 2003 National Communication Association Diamond Anniversary Book Award.
It really is a loss for us all, especially the University, Kurt Ritter, professor emeritus of communication said.
There have been no announcements regarding who will take over his spring classes.
Details regarding a memorial service for Aune have yet to be released. The Department of Communication is posting updates about details on their website: http://communication.tamu.edu.