Texas A&M infielder Kaeden Kent (3) celebrates a home run during Texas A&M’s game against Tennessee at the NCAA Men’s College World Series finals at Charles Schwab Field in Omaha, Nebraska on Saturday, June 22, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Winning 9 to 5: A&M beats Tennessee in Game 1 of College World Series finals
Luke White, Sports Editor • June 23, 2024

While Texas A&M baseball had never appeared in the College World Series finals before Saturday, the Aggies played as if they were seasoned...

A&M reports two additional COVID-19 clusters

Breaking+News
Photo by Photo by Meredith Seaver, Photo Illustration by Brady Stone
Breaking News

Under the Clery Act, Texas A&M has identified two new COVID-19 clusters as of Nov. 9: one among the Aggie Band (Artillery Band, Dorm 12) and one within Emergency Medical Services (Events).
These reports are the fifth and sixth clusters at A&M and are the first to be confirmed since late September. The current data A&M has made available at time of publication lists 231 total cases of COVID-19 on campus as “active” as of Nov. 6.
According to their website, A&M evaluates several indicators and variables to confirm a cluster. The indicators A&M looks for are the number of COVID-19 positive cases, the timeframe encompassing cases and whether the cases are attributable to a specific event, location or group. The variables A&M looks at are population, activities and mitigation. All of these criteria are considered in determining potential clusters and an appropriate response.
The reports of these new clusters come the same day the A&M football team has cancelled all in-person activities after two players and staff member tested positive for COVID-19. At this time there are no reported clusters among the A&M football team and coach Jimbo Fisher said the team is currently undergoing contact tracing.
Click here for a complete look at Texas A&M’s COVID-19 Dashboard.