A&M reviews Phi Gamma Delta activities after student death

Photo by Via Joseph Little’s Facebook

Joseph Little was a Blinn TEAM freshman and new Phi Gamma Delta Member who died in late August.

After the unexpected death of a new Texas A&M student, the Offices of the Dean Student Life are looking into the activities of a fraternity from the weekend of Aug. 26.
Incoming freshman Joseph Little was pronounced dead at the College Station Medical Center on Aug. 29 after a seizure at Callaway House on Aug. 26, according to KBTX. Little was a new member of the A&M chapter of Phi Gamma Delta, according to a university spokesperson. The fraternity hosted its Bid Day, a welcoming of new members, on Aug. 26.
Brazos County Justice of the Peace Precinct 3 Judge Rick Hill told ABC-13 the seizure was unexpected, but does not indicate drug or alcohol use.
“In deaths like this that are unexpected or unattended, I would order an autopsy and I did order an autopsy after the organ donation in this case,” Hill said. “I would say that nothing at this point, points to drugs or alcohol.”
This story is developing and will be updated as more information becomes available.