A&M volleyball aims to make turkey dinner of K State

The No. 13 Texas A&M volleyball team squares off against No. 23 Kansas State Wildcats Wednesday at G. Rollie White Coliseum in the second to last game of the regular season.
Kansas State beat A&M 3-0 earlier this season in Manhattan, Kan.
The Aggies haven’t fared too poorly at home either, notching a 10-1 record, with the only loss coming against No. 3 UCLA.
Corbelli said the comfort level for the Aggies at home is high.
“Being at home just feels smoother. Things connect faster,” Corbelli said.
The road hasn’t treated the Aggies so nicely lately, though. After stringing together eight consecutive wins, A&M has dropped two of its past three games, including a tough loss to the Kansas Jayhawks.
A&M sophomore outside hitter Christi Hahn said that even though Kansas played a good game, A&M really beat itself.
“We just made a lot of mistakes that we don’t normally make,” Hahn said.
Service errors have been a problem area that has plagued A&M all year, something that the Aggies hope to fix before the start of the NCAA tournament.
Hahn said mental errors are one reason for the high amount of serving problems and that the errors-to-aces ratio is not where the team would like it.
Junior setter Kari Kelley said that when A&M is more aggressive on the serves, the errors tend to go up.
“We definitely need to find a balance between serving tough and aggressive and definitely keeping the ball in and getting control of them,” Kelley said.