A&M volleyball takes on Buffaloes

The 16th-ranked Texas A&M volleyball team will be looking to give coach Laurie Corbelli a bit of history Tuesday night when it faces Colorado.
Corbelli will be seeking her 200th victory at Texas A&M — her 300th overall — when the Aggies take on the Buffaloes on Wednesday at 7 p.m. at G. Rollie White Coliseum.
Corbelli is A&M’s winningest coach in both victories and winning percentage. She is 199-70 (.740) in her ninth season at A&M, and 299-176 (.629) in the 16th season of her head coaching career.
Corbelli collected her first career victory while coaching at the University of San Francisco against Cal Poly-Pomona on Sept. 10, 1987. She posted her first Aggie victory against Cal State-Fullerton on Sept. 3, 1993. Corbelli became the winningest coach in A&M volleyball history as the Aggies defeated rival Texas in Austin on Oct. 18, 2000, to post her 181st victory at A&M.
A&M (10-1, 3-0 Big 12) is riding a four-match winning streak after sweeping both Baylor and Iowa State last week. The Aggies’ start in Big 12 play is the best since the Aggies won their first six matches of league play in 1996 — the first year of Big 12 competition.
Senior Jenna Moscovic leads the team with a .360 hitting percentage and is ranked nationally with 13.08 assists per game. Senior outside hitter Erin Lechler is the team leader in kills (3.76) and points (4.22) per game.
Senior outside hitter Michelle Cole notches a team-best 3.89 digs per game, and junior middle blocker A.D. Achilefu is the team leader with 0.79 blocks and 0.59 aces per game.
Colorado (6-4, 2-2) is in sixth place in the league standings after sweeping Texas Tech, then losing at Kansas in four games.
The Buffaloes are 0-3 against Top 25 opponents, having lost on the road to both No. 16 BYU and No. 19 Utah in five games and to No. 1 Nebraska in three games in Boulder.
The Buffaloes are led by junior middle blocker Meghan Barkman, who is ranked third in the Big 12 with a .382 hitting efficiency and also is averaging a team-best 1.18 blocks per game.
A&M holds a 9-2 lead in the all-time series against the Buffaloes, including a 4-0 mark in matches played at G. Rollie White Coliseum.
Last season, Lechler posted 25 kills and a school-record 35 digs to lead A&M to a 15-7, 15-13, 13-15, 15-9 victory over Colorado in College Station. In the second meeting of the season, the Aggies were swept by the Buffaloes for the first time as Colorado defeated A&M, 15-13, 15-11, 15-12, in Boulder.