Items from Lt. Col. David Michael Booth, Class of 1964, on display at the Muster Reflections Display in the Memorial Student Center on Wednesday, April 17, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Muster Reflections Display held ahead of ceremony
Hilani Quinones, Assistant News Editor • April 18, 2024

Until April 21, visitors can view personal memorabilia from fallen Aggies who will be honored at the 2024 Muster Ceremony. The Aggie Muster...

Julia Cottrill (42) celebrating a double during Texas A&Ms game against Southeastern Louisiana on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Muffled the Mean Green
Shanielle Veazie, Sports Writer • April 17, 2024

Early pitching woes gave Texas A&M softball all the momentum needed to defeat the University of North Texas, 11-1, in a matchup on Wednesday,...

The Highway 6 Band performs while listeners slow dance at The Corner Bar and Rooftop Grill on Sunday, March 24, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
'Life is a Highway' (6 Band)
Amy Leigh Steward, Assistant Life & Arts Editor • April 17, 2024

It starts with a guitar riff. Justin Faldyn plays lead, pulling rock and blues out of the strings.  After a beat, comes the beat of the drums,...

Think your music taste somehow makes you different? Opinion writer Isabella Garcia says being unique is an illusion. (Photo by Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
Opinion: The myth of uniqueness
Isabella Garcia, Opinion Writer • April 16, 2024

You’re basic. It’s thought that the term “basic bitch” originated from a 2009 video of Lil Duval standing on a toilet in front of...

Authorities search home of former Michael Jackson music producer

LOS ANGELES (AP) – Authorities searched the home of one of Michael Jackson’s former music producers for an hour Saturday but refused to disclose how or even if the search was connected to the sex abuse charges the entertainer is facing.
Sheriff’s investigators from Santa Barbara County, where Jackson’s case is unfolding, searched the Calabasas residence of Marc Schaffel between 3 and 4 in the afternoon, said John Caffrey, a deputy with the Los Angeles County sheriff’s department. The home is in Los Angeles County.
Schaffel, who produced Jackson’s song ”What More Can I Give” two years ago, was not at home during the search, ”Entertainment Tonight” reported on its Web site.
The producer has an unlisted telephone number and could not be reached immediately for comment.
Santa Barbara County sheriff’s spokesman Sgt. Chris Pappas declined to say whether a search warrant was executed, citing a gag order issued in the case .
Jackson has pleaded not guilty to seven counts of lewd or lascivious acts with a child under 14 and two counts of giving the child an ”intoxicating agent,” reportedly wine. He is free on $3 million bail.