Authorities search home of former Michael Jackson music producer

LOS ANGELES (AP) – Authorities searched the home of one of Michael Jackson’s former music producers for an hour Saturday but refused to disclose how or even if the search was connected to the sex abuse charges the entertainer is facing.
Sheriff’s investigators from Santa Barbara County, where Jackson’s case is unfolding, searched the Calabasas residence of Marc Schaffel between 3 and 4 in the afternoon, said John Caffrey, a deputy with the Los Angeles County sheriff’s department. The home is in Los Angeles County.
Schaffel, who produced Jackson’s song ”What More Can I Give” two years ago, was not at home during the search, ”Entertainment Tonight” reported on its Web site.
The producer has an unlisted telephone number and could not be reached immediately for comment.
Santa Barbara County sheriff’s spokesman Sgt. Chris Pappas declined to say whether a search warrant was executed, citing a gag order issued in the case .
Jackson has pleaded not guilty to seven counts of lewd or lascivious acts with a child under 14 and two counts of giving the child an ”intoxicating agent,” reportedly wine. He is free on $3 million bail.